Tuesday, August 5, 2014

209/365

Again with the simplest of entertainment. The washing machine filling with sudsy water is fascinating.
There are times with I take you and your sister to the playground and you both play happily. And then there are times when you're both insistent on having me right next to you and playing with you. Today was one of those times, I couldn't leave either of you for longer than a few minutes before being called back to the other one. These are the times when I wish I could somehow duplicate the amount of attention I'm able to give at once. To be able to give you both my complete attention, to make you each feel completely seen and completely attended to and completely special and loved. Despite my frustration I have to believe that there is some value it teaching you each to share me. And I just hope that just me, just one mother for two children can somehow be enough for you both.

No comments: