Wednesday, March 19, 2014

70/365

 I had a great idea. I'll reuse those lil bottles your dad got you kids from the convenient store. And I'll let you guys decorate them! And of course the only thing I had that would stay on them after they're washed was a couple sharpies. You were thrilled and got to work on your bottle. And at first I was thinking I was such a clever and creative and resourceful mom. That is until I left you unattended for a full 20 seconds and returned to a few new scribbles on the table. And until I tried to take the Sharpy away from you and was unsuccessful at distracting you with a washable marker. Yeah, you were not having it. You'd tasted the thrill of the permanent marker and would settle for nothing less. yeah... Sharpies were a mistake. I know now.
Today was the last day of school before spring break and you came home with a new library book. I was so impressed when you showed me how far into the thick chapter book your bookmark was and all the way home the only sound I heard from behind me was the turning of the page as you kept zipping through Diary of a Wimpy Kid.  When we got home you flopped onto the couch and stayed there another 30 minutes finishing the whole book! I was floored. What a reader I have! Then I asked a few questions about what it was about and slowly realized, you were only describing the pictures.  So I asked, Did you read all the words or just the words in the little comics? Just the comics.. ohhhhhh. Well, I guess we've got some real reading to do over spring break.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh man permanent markers are the worst, haha. I would have lost it. :)

I am in love with the book photo!