Wednesday, April 2, 2014

84/365

 It's an interesting feeling watching you imitate me and put make up on. I look at you and see beauty on top of beauty and hope that you'll never need to apply make up to feel beautiful. But I know this is something you might learn, possibly even from watching me. It's one o those, Do what I say, not what I do things, and I know that doesn't work. If I want you to see your own beauty I have to show you how it's done, how to look inside yourself and see the truth, not all the lies of our culture and our own insecurities. And there in lies the struggle and the amazing journey parenting takes you on. By attempting to grow you into a better person, I am forced to grow.
You have been working hard for the last two months or so to earn enough to purchase a Nintendo DS. Today we went in and you got to pick it out and you were so excited. It's fun rewarding you for your hard work.

No comments: