Thursday, February 13, 2014

44/365

You and your big cousin Abby. She told me today that when asked in school to share something that made her smiles she said "My cousin, Coco." awww... It's so fun seeing your lil friendship develop and the way she's so sweet with you and you're so enamored with her. Cousins are the best kind of friends.
I love visiting you in school and watching you work and hearing your teacher and other volunteers tell me how great you are and how well you're doing. It's been harder than I expected, you being at school most of the day, most days, and me not being able to see whats happening to you and wondering if you're getting what you need and if you're ok and if you're behaving. I think from here on out parenting it's going to be a series of balancing letting go and trusting you and stepping in and making sure I'm doing my job and caring the responsibility of your parent. Its proving to be a tricky unknown challenge. I am so very very proud of you.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Cousins ARE the best. So good that he is enjoying school!

Sara Macdonald said...

I can't wait until my girls have cousins!!!!!!!