Tuesday, January 28, 2014

28/365


Oh my gorgeous babies. How did I get so lucky and blessed to spend my days with such incredible creatures? You are each so very wonderful. There are moments, every single day, moments when you're laughing and playing and filling my home with joy and filling my heart with pride and gratitude and I want to take those moments and marinate in them, let the bit of heaven that they bring to earth soak into me, soften my stressed heart, massage my fatigue and permeate my dissatisfaction turning it into thanks and praise for the blessings I have been given.  I love and embrace this amazing privilege of being your mother.

2 comments:

Leann Goode said...

I have so much respect for you, Angela. I've heard too many moms complaining lately because schools have been closing for weather and they've been cooped up with their kids for too many days. I just can't imagine that being a complaint of mine! And with what I read on your blog, I have a feeling you are in agreement with me. Because I have two older kids, I know how quick this time when they are little goes and I know how much we have to treasure this time. Every single minute. I respect that you do that. I know that there are frustrating moments. There are frustrating days. There are times we question ourselves. But as you said, being a mother to these precious kids is a privilege. A blessing. Thank you for this post. I really needed this today. :-)

Angela Watts said...

I'm not sure why it's not letting me reply to your comment Leann, but thank you. Yes, there are lots of days that I feel cooped up inside a zoo with a lion and a kangaroo and would give anything for a sound proof room to hide in, but I have been working on gratitude and finding the beauty in my life with these two. Really that's the point of this project for me, to see the big picture more often. I think it's working :)